The Cook's Corner: Tasty recipes that make healthy food fun to eat!
Each month a new recipe will be featured so be sure to check back - click here for previous recipes
Original Healthy Carob/Chocolate Chip Cookies
the recipe as printed below is vegan but regular margarine or other chocolate chips may be used
2 1/4 C unbleached wheat flour
2 1/4 C whole wheat pastry flour
2 t baking soda
3/4 C apple sauce
2 t salt
1 t cinnamon
4 C or dark chocolate chips
2 C chopped walnuts
1 1/2 C cane juice crystals
2 t vanilla extract
2 C Earth Balance margarine or other vegan margarine
1. In a separate bowl combine flours, baking soda, salt, egg replacer, cinnamon, chips and walnuts.
2. Beat margarine, sugar, vanilla and apple sauce until creamy.
3. Add dry mixture and stir thoroughly.
4. Drop by small ice cream scoop onto ungreased cookie sheet.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 350 F for 9-10 minutes.
6. Cool completely on wire racks. Enjoy!